Pages

Labels

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Super Duper Baked Banana Oatmeal Aka Breakfast Cake (Dairy and egg free)

I have been meaning to post this for a couple of days now, but the time just got away from me! Monday mornings I usually like to wake up 30 minutes early. It is just my time with myself, usually I bake something yummy for breakfast and watch the news. Kind of a peaceful start to my week. Last monday I woke up with a craving for http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/11/baked-oatmeal-with-pumpkin-and-bananas.html this pumpkin oatmeal. It's so yummy, and I love anything with pumpkin. I love pumpkin so much I forgot I had used my last can of pumpkin in a pie the friday before. :/ I didn't remember this until I already had slices of banana roasting with honey and cinnamon on them. So I improvised, and made this banana oatmeal. It was AMAZING. Warm fresh out of the oven it was delicious, filling, and a nutritious start to the day. Cold in the fridge it can be sliced into bars! Great afternoon pickmeup. Next time I will add some walnuts to the mix!


Get all of this stuff-

3 cups oats (Old fashoned)
2 cups sweetened vanilla almond milk
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch salt
1 banana, mashed
1/4 c honey

PLUS

3 bananas sliced
drizzle of honey (straight from the bear, I didnt measure. Maybe a bit less than another 1/4 cup?)
1 tsp cinnamon



Here's whatcha do!!!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lay sliced bananas in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Drizzle honey pretty generously all over the banana slices. Don't drown them or anything. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 350* for about ten minutes.

While the bananas are in the oven, mix together the one mashed up banana, vanilla, almond milk and pinch salt and 1/4 c honey. Pour in oats and baking powder, mix until combined well.

Take the bananas out and while they're still hot, pour the oat mixture on top. Bake at 350* for 25-26 minutes until the middle is set.

When it comes out, you have this pan of pure awesomeness.



Take a spatula and cut a square out/ Lift it up and put a plate upside down on top and flip the whole thing over. You end up with this pretty presentation.

If you have kids (or adults!) who are a little banana shy, leave em underneath. :)

Serve hot or cold! Amazing either way.

1 comment:

  1. I love the "straight from the bear". LOL This sounds delicious but I am one that wouldn't want to see the bananas. I like bananas but the favor sometimes gets me.

    ReplyDelete

 

Thanks for stopping by!

:))

Sample Text

Sample Text