Pages

Labels

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Things I am excited for, in the new year!

Here is a list of things I am looking forward to in 2013, in no particular order!

1. Chickens!!! We are going to attempt to have egg laying chickens this year! We have a coop in our backyard already. (It's one of the things that I was most excited about with this house!) I really hope I don't kill them, or worse- my dog kills them. I know Apollo doesn't want that on his conscience.

2. Finally gardening! We had such a plentiful garden in our old home; I miss it terribly. Last spring was kind of hectic and we didn't end up planting anything. This year we are planting in pallets along our fence line so the dogs can't dig them up. (we have an invisible fence (within our chain link because boxers= escape artists)and if we put the pallets right up against the fence they can't get to them.) The pallets will help contain the plants, divide them, and hopefully keep weeds down. I'll make a post about this adventure, and the chickens, when it is time for all of that! Can't wait!

3. My baby starts KINDERGARTEN this year! (Sad!!!) and Miss M starts 3rd grade! (I'm OLD! WAAAA!)

4. Progress to be made on Derek's side venture, building and selling industrial-sized gasifiers. Alternate energy anyone? :) Maybe we will sell one or hopefully a LOT and we can pay off our house! I can dream, right?

5. Painting my stupid bedroom!! I have had a mural on my wall since we moved in. It is a nice mural, but man, it is just NOT my style. I don't know what kind of stuff the previous people were into, but the moon rising over the beach at night and three dimensional fish ain't my cup of tea. Ready for a neutral color with an accent wall. Since I haven't had time/money/energy to paint for the last year and a half I am making it a serious goal that WILL HAPPEN!

6. NOT being lazy about keeping this blog up. We will see about this one! Hoping to do a little food blogging, crafting, ranting, that kind of stuff.


I really hope 2013 is as good to me as 2012 was! :) <3 Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Thanks for stopping by!

:))

Sample Text

Sample Text